Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Advanced Affirmations

Affirmations Written on Pure Water for Humidifier

Many of us on the healing path come to realize there is more to healing than the physical aspects. Some of us learn our thoughts have woven our physical (perceived problems) through manifestations. Those who have adapted personalized affirmations have sometimes learned how to un-weave negative, unhealthy thoughts in our minds and see those negative manifestations disappear.

Louise Hay's book You Can Heal Your Life is an amazing resource to discover prewritten affirmations for most afflictions and provide an understanding for how to love ourselves again. After you've been doing this for awhile you'll find it easier and easier to write your own affirmations. But that's not what I meant when I titled this post Advanced Affirmations. Instead I wanted to share what I am doing in addition to saying aloud and thinking positive affirmations everyday.

I have already mentioned water labels in this blog which I place all over my liquids and on jars such as French press for tea, water pitcher, coconut kefir and sauerkraut jars, and rain water jars for plants. 
I've seen such remarkable results from this process that after I connected this with helping others and I began to think about how my positive thoughts affect those around me--whether they know it or not. When I light my karma candles to purify my home and space I now include my entire neighborhood.

How do water, my intentions and positive thoughts reach the world? Masaru Emoto's photographed thoughts captured in water crystals explains it all.




Looking back I will tell you it was not always my first inclination to help others. It wasn't on my mind to hurt others, but I used to focus mostly on myself and my healing needs. Sure I would help others, but it often seemed like a chore. As I've focused so much on my own healing journey I've come to realize how much I want the world to be a better, cleaner place. I have learned over time to give freely what I have to give. Still, parts of the world and my attitude toward it still stink.

Lately I've been more active in trying to make the world a better place, one small act at a time. I usually keep these selfless acts to the world to myself. But I'll mention two (I try to do one a day) to give you an idea. I've surreptitiously stocked the office machines to the brim with paper. I helped an elderly man load his car with groceries. These are not big things, but small acts in an effort to make the world just a little bit better. I've decided to add that to my Juice Feast. Perhaps I will only light a candle, but I will do something to send love out to the world every day.

Source: Sending Love Out Into the World

No comments: