Saturday, September 10, 2011

Self-Dentistry

My recent visit to the dentist was a wake up call to take better care of my teeth and gums. When I told the dental team I wanted to remove my amalgams for better health they were surprised.  The dentist said I was 1 in 100. Surprisingly I felt hope--that is a pretty high number of educated health nuts taking action!

A week or two before the removal I started to get serious about my daily dental health care. I am still fiddling with it, but for the most part I do this:

First thing in the morning I swish cold-pressed organic sesame oil with organic drops of tea tree oil and essential oil of lemon for 20 minutes. Not only is it refreshing, it is my understanding oil swishing pulls toxins and unhealthy bacteria from the mouth. I have done it irregularly in the past, but it is one habit I will establish before I start my second Juice Feast.

I then follow the swish with an ionic brushing using a clay based concoction, scraping my tongue, flossing, and rubbing essential oils into my gums.  Sometime this winter, I will return to the biodental clinic for a good, healthy cleaning and then comfortably step back on the path of a much more educated and disciplined form of self-dentistry.

No comments: