Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Healing Thoughts


I cannot tell a lie, I can and have fallen into the trap of negative thinking. It is often a tough climb out, but well worth it. Of course we know to heal our thoughts must change. If we want to change, we must do things differently. This can be paralyzing for some, yet for others it is an act of love. There are three things I do regularly which help me create and hold positive thoughts.

Keep a Gratitude Journal

I have a variation on this, but for me I know gratitude is the way to feeling joy. During the worst of times at night as I cuddled up in bed and my tense body needed to be coaxed to relax, I would recite 10 things for which I am grateful. If I woke up angry I would say 10 more things I am grateful for. Other times I carry a small journal with me where I write 10 gratitude items every morning. However I do it, being grateful always elevates my thoughts and improves my mood.

Om Mani Padme Hum

The Dalai Lama provides a succinct look at the meaning of the mantra of compassion. Chanting these 6 syllables along with thinking about the meaning is a powerful way to purify the body, speech, and mind.

 

Whenever I am cleaning a room of negative energy with salt I write Om Mani Padme Hum all over it and chant it as well. One thing is true for me with this mantra, it brings me peace.

Burn Reiki Candles

I am not a Reiki practitioner but perhaps if you are you can do this yourself; I however buy the candles already charged.

Healing
HealingCedar, Ocean, Lemon Balm, Heather
  • Use to heal the body, mind and soul.
  • Use in combination with Peace to heal Mother Earth, animals and 4 elements.

All candles also come with powerful affirmations. I regularly recite the affirmation while the candle is burning and often after I have lit an incense stick. Ancient peoples believed the smoke carries the prayer or affirmation to the Creator.

Here is the affirmation for the Wisdom candle:



I wish you happy thoughts.

No comments: