Thursday, December 29, 2011

Taking Bigger Steps

When I took my first steps towards improved health 13 years ago, my big step was to become a vegetarian. Of course I still smoked a pack a day, ate fried food, and drank copious amounts of Dr. Pepper. When I gave up pop 4 years ago almost instantaneously a peculiar mass of acne welts came out in the size of a softball on my back. It was really gross and disappeared shortly thereafter but a detoxing person comes to appreciate and even live for the phrase: "better out than in."

How to stimulate the lymph system
About 9 months ago I discovered despite all my healthy lifestyle commitments I still have plenty of room for improvement. This thought came like concrete to me one night after I went out Friday after work and got home late. I peeled off my tight jeans and decided I was too tired to shower so I crawled into bed and slept the sleep of the ignorant. When I woke the next day I showered and as I was experimenting with the whole body oil cleanse method using a washcloth with organic coconut oil, a few drops of castor oil, and a drop each of organic lavender and geranium essential oils, I ground the oils into my skin and scrubbed. Following the dry brushing philosophy of brushing to stimulate the lymph system, I do the same when washing in the shower. As I scrubbed my leg I  readjusted the cloth and I saw it was blue. At that moment I began to see how powerful the skin is. Although I have no desire to be a breatharian, the skin's power makes sense to me how an organism can draw in nutrients by means other than the mouth. Just look at the orchid and other air plants--no soil required!



In the beginning stages of my journey I focused almost to the point of pain on the one thing I perceived as wrong about my health. Now (even though I still have that one challenge) I focus on what is the biggest thing I can do to improve my health. The first big step I took in preparation for my second Juice Feast was to have 4 amalgam fillings removed. I believed removing something my body had to fight 24 hours a day was the best thing I could do to allow my body's ability to heal itself to function without hindrance. With that line of thinking my next big step is my transition to organic clothing.


No comments: