Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 63 Juice Feast -- An Aversion

Even though I still have bruises from the last time, on the way home tonight I stopped in for a massage. I felt great when I left.

When I came home I had a surprise package from a family member I love dearly. Someone I love so much I have very honest conversations with. When I saw "books" on the box I couldn't wait to open it.

And then I saw the first title and my stomach sank--it was a topic I hold an aversion to. Then another and my stomach sank even further. I lost interest in the other books.

After a moment, my acceptance vow creeped in.

Without question these books were given to me from a loving heart and somehow I must find a way to read them in that spirit.

I can't help but wonder if it will be like the massage and (by some miracle) I'll feel better when it's over.

No comments: