Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 74 Juice Feast -- Death (not Quite) in Bloom

I find fads funny. I usually don't get caught up in them (but I once had big hair--one day I went a little too far and my grandpa saw my hair and merely said "windblown"). So this morning when I scanned some emails and saw one from a friend I was meeting in a couple of hours and he asked me if I wanted to go see the corpse flower at the U.S. Botanical Gardens--I wasn't too surprised. It's been on everyone's lips in the District lately.

And then I laughed because as it turns out he emailed me before he checked his messages--with one from me asking him the same thing. We went but it hasn't bloomed yet--that's probably a good thing. Afterwards we walked the gardens again then went to see a film. We made a pact that if I fell asleep he'd elbow me and if he was bored he'd tell me. As it turns out he didn't keep his end of the pact--and I still haven't made it completely through a movie for months.

All in all it was a really fun way to spend my last day on this JF.





No comments: