Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 67 Juice Feast -- Empowerment (Caroline Myss)

I think I need to be more mindful of practicing silence--it was more difficult to come out of than I anticipated. All day I felt languid and wanted to do nothing, so I went with it. And then I had a bucket of ice water dumped on me.

Earlier this week I was listening to Caroline Myss' Finding Your Sacred Contract and for some reason I wanted to re-listen to what I thought was a single sentence with her definition of empowerment. Instead I hear information that is extremely challenging to assimilate let alone digest (and I literally have nothing in my stomach!). Essentially she talks about those who choose to pursue spiritual transformation amidst the distractions in mainstream living.

You've chosen to engage in the most intimate process of spiritual transformation which means you've engaged in the agreement to have all illusions yanked from your life. To live a life where your primary focus of your nonphysical world is to direct you into power struggles, not so you can struggle with power but so that you can retrieve your energy from places it should not be. Because that's the process of empowerment and the more you're empowered the more you can afford to listen to guidance because you don't make choices based on whether or not someone else approves of you.
I'm not sure how to process this information but I'm fairly certain I'm going to stay away from silence for a little while--and although I'm not having an asthma attack, I need to catch my breath.

Moonlight 2 (Maxfield Parrish)

No comments: