Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 44 Juice Feast -- Extra Sensitivities

Although everything is going fine with juicing--it's even nice to have extra time to myself while everyone else is eating I am developing further sensitivities to smells. It starts in the morning on the train but this week, confined in a closed classroom, it is lasting all day. I think of it as too close encounters with perfume and cologne. Yikes! My eyes burn, my throat is raw and swollen (every time I breath feels like that blister on your foot) and my lungs are cramping.

I hoped it was a temporary reaction but I feel worse each day and better on breaks from class and when I get off the train. I ordered a personal air purifier for the train and I always keep a mini air purifier and plants in my work space which is usually enough. Typically I request the door stay open when I'm in a room with anyone with scents but I don't have that luxury this week. I've had to drink a lot more water to try and flush this out.

Due to a potential storm we were let out of class a bit early--I will try the sauna tonight and hope to sweat this out of my body. Fortunately only half of work tomorrow is in class. Still, there is always something good in every situation and I like to use situations like these as self-reminders to not infringe upon the rights of others.  Sometimes I may not be aware that I am doing something with the same effect to others--so this helps heighten my awareness to how others respond to me.


No comments: