Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 54 Juice Feast -- "Sacred Contracts" (Caroline Myss)

Recently I've been enraptured by Caroline Myss' work on Sacred Contracts. Her website describes Sacred Contracts as:
 I believe that each of us is guided by a Sacred Contract that our soul made before we were born. That Contract contains a wide range of agreements regarding all that we are intended to learn in this life. It comprises not merely what kind of work we do but also our key relationships with the people who are to help us learn the lessons we have agreed to work on. Each of those relationships represents an individual Contract that is part of your overall Sacred Contract, and may require you to be in a certain place at a certain time to be with that person.

When I listened to Sacred Contracts I have to admit I was rather irritated when she mentioned these Contracts could be thought of as pre-incarnated spiritual agreements I am carrying around in a backpack filled with fragments of others' spirits (and mine in theirs). The jerk that I am selfishly thought--my pack is already heavy, now I have to pack others stuff too? I realized what a selfish thought this was but still not wanting this responsibility I thought well I'll just throw out an all-call, up end the contents of my pack on the ground and tell everyone to come get their stuff. However I quickly realized this is likely an equally dangerous idea and highly disrespectful of the trust others have placed in me. So I stopped being a jerk and acknowledged somewhere in me I have to find a way to be much more open to those who enter my life--they may just be looking for something I was entrusted to keep safe.

Source


    

No comments: