Friday, May 10, 2013

Day 10 Juice Feast -- Adjuncts that Alleviate Detox Symptoms

Sauna Cat
Last night I crawled into the sauna and finished my final green juice--I don't remember the last time I slept so well. I felt absolutely amazing all day. The weather perked up beautifully yesterday and today so in lieu of produce shopping I went out for long walks at lunch in the sunshine.

I don't remember the last time I slept so well and it got me thinking about those extras I do to support myself. Although the ionic footbath and FAR infrared sauna are not mandatory elements of a JF, they are tools to me that feel like when I squeeze that sponge one final time. Of course I'm never alone in the sauna. When I prepare the sauna by gathering my towels, water and entertainment my cat is in before I am. She crawls down to the bottom and takes a bath. In a few minutes as the sauna heats up she wedges her way out and naps on her kitty post nearby. Even though she has been a sauna cat for over a year I've noticed lately with the spring water, she is drinking a lot more water--she really likes it.

I did an ionic footbath Wednesday night and like the sauna, it took the edge off the detox and stress I was beginning to feel. My detox symptoms have been noticeable but minor: temporary blocked nasal passage, swollen upper roof of my mouth and some tongue coating. Today is my official last day of graduate school and when I left work today and walked out into the warm sunshine I literally did not know what to do with myself. I've been attentive to my JF but I will now be able to be more mindful of the process. I have no idea what I am going to do tonight--for the first time in a very long time.




No comments: